KUIU’s Summit Refuge Shelter is designed for mountain hunters looking for the ultimate in versatility, modularity, and a huge floor area at minimal trail weight. The modular shelter design can be used floorless, with an installed floor, or with a full tent body giving protection from the ground and bugs.
The Summit Refuge Tent Body installs into the shelter and provides a fully enclosed inner tent with seam taped bathtub floor and mesh upper. The asymmetrical shape matches the shelter; however it’s set back about 7 inches so rain dripping and splashing along the edge of the tent won’t reach the floor. Two ports for the sharp ends on the trekking poles allow them to extend to the ground, giving more flexibility with setup height and eliminating damage to the floor from the poles. Zippered openings at both ends allow for easy access to the vestibules and doors. Sleeps two comfortably lengthwise with plenty of extra room for gear.
- 20D Silicone/PU Coated Micro Ripstop Nylon (1200 mm WP rating) floor, 15D Nylon mesh tent upper
- 5 in tall bathtub floor seam taped for waterproof protection
- Set back from the tent edge so rain won’t drip or spray on to the tent body
- Ports with constricting closure, allows the sharp ends of the trekking pole to extend through the entire tent body and reach the ground, eliminating damage from the poles
- Can be installed after the Summit Refuge Shelter has been set up.
- Vestibules are left floorless for storing wet gear outside the tent body
- Size: Length 88 in, wide end 81 in, narrow end 66 in.